Old Colorado City is a national historic district in the city of Colorado Springs. It’s boundaries are U.S Highway 24 to the South, 32nd Street to the West, 13th street to the East and Uintah Street to the North. Old Colorado City was founded in 1859 when the Colorado Town Company laid claim to the two-square miles of land. They envisioned Colorado City would be a major supplier of gold because the Pike’s Peak Gold Rush had recently been made.
Now, Old Colorado City has a shopping district featuring dozens of independently owned art galleries, boutiques, restaurants and special attractions. This artsy strip is also home of the Michael Garman Museum and Gallery.